HUNTS POINT SIEMPRE PA'LANTE
August 2022: FEMA Awards Funding for Resilient Infrastructure at the Hunts Point FDC
EDC was awarded $14.6 million by FEMA’s 2021 BRIC program (Building Resilient Infrastructure and Communities) to protect vulnerable buildings in the FDC from flooding. The funding will be used for hardening projects to make 600 Food Center Drive and the Meat Market more flood resilient. The BRIC grant program provides proactive investments in communities to be better prepared and more resilient prior to hurricanes, floods, and wildfires.
June 2022: EDC Presents to the Hunts Point Longwood Community Coalition
EDC joined the Hunts Point Longwood Community Coalition’s monthly meeting for an update on Hunts Point Forward. The presentation detailed the official launch with Mayor Adams in Barretto Point Park and the $140+ million allocated to the plan’s projects. The funding will be spent on making Hunts Point Avenue intersections safer for pedestrians and cyclists and improving access to the waterfront at Barratto Point Park.
June 2022: Hunts Point Forward Officially Released
Mayor Adams joined residents, local officials, and community leaders in Barretto Point Park for the release of the Hunts Point Forward final plan. Mayor Adam’s reaffirmed the administration’s $40 million commitment to improving street safety and access to open space.
March 2022: Mayor Adams Unveils the Administration’s Economic Recovery Blueprint
Launched in the Hunts Point Produce Market, the plan details the mayor’s vision for the future of New York City’s economy. After the devastating effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, the blueprint lays out concrete short- and long-term initiatives to reinvigorate the economy by returning employment to pre-pandemic levels and creating a more inclusive and equitable economy in the long-term. Among the more than 70 initiatives in the plan, the Mayor announced $140 million in new investments for the Hunts Point Produce Market and the surrounding community.
- 1010 Wins: (Broadcast Link)
- Bronx.com: Comprehensive Plan To Create Economic Opportunity, Improve Quality Of Life In Hunts Point (Online Link)
- Crain’s: Mayor outlines $40M plan to revitalize Hunts Point (Online Link)
- El Diario: Vecinos de Hunts Point esperanzados en que plan de inversión de la Ciudad mejore su calidad de vida (Online Link)
- Kings County Politics: Mayor rolls out community-drafted plan to revitalize Hunts Point nabe (Online Link)
- News 12: Multiple city agencies joining forces in Hunts Point transformation plan (Online Link)
- NY1: (Broadcast Link)
- NY Daily News: NYC Mayor Adams unveils more details about South Bronx revitalization as questions still linger about housing plan (Online Link)
- POLITICO PRO: Adams rolls out plan to boost economic opportunity in Hunts Point (Online Link)
- POLITICSNY: Mayor rolls out community-drafted plan to revitalize Hunts Point nabe (Online Link)
- Telemundo: NYC lanza plan para mejorar la calidad de vida de los residentes de Hunts Point en El Bronx (Online Link)
- WABC: (Broadcast Link)
- WNYW: (Broadcast Link)